寓言故事:Chasing a Woman Only to Lose His Wife追女失妻(双语)

2021-11-14英语作文

Zhao Jianzi, the famous general of the State of Jin, prepared to attack the State of Qi. He ordered:

晋国名将赵简子准备出兵进攻齐国。他命令说:

"If anyone in the army dares to dissuade me, I will sentence him to death."

"如果军队里有人敢劝阻我,我就判处他死刑!

A warrior named Gong Luwang, wearing armour and holding a sharp weapon in his hand, laughed loudly the moment he saw Zhao Jianzi.

有个武士名叫公卢望,他身上穿着恺甲,手里拿着锐利的兵器,一看到赵简子就放声大笑。

Zhao Jianzi asked hurriedly:

简子忙问:

"Why are you laughing?"

"你笑什么?"

Gong Luwang replied:

公卢望回答说:

"I thought of something funny."

"我想起了一件好笑的事情。"

Jianzi said in a stern voice:

简子严厉地说:

"Military command is no joke. If you can explain the reason, I will let you go. Otherwise I will sentence you to death."

"军令不是开玩笑,你讲得出道理就放过你;要是讲不出来,就判你死刑!

Calmly Gong Luwang told a story:

公卢望不慌不忙地讲了一个故事:

"It was the season for gathering mulberries. My neighbours, a couple, went to the field. The husband found a woman in the depths of the mulberry groves. He chased after her but could not catch her, so he returned unhappily. At that time, his wife had already left him in anger. I laugh at my neighbour who had not caught the woman but lost his wife and became single in the end."

"正好是采桑的季节,我邻居家夫妇俩一起下了田。丈夫发现桑林深处有个女子,就追了上去,可是没有追上她,很不愉快地回来了。这时候,他的妻子却早就气愤地离开了他。我笑邻居追女没追到,反而失去了妻子,成了个光棍。"

After Zhao Jianzi heard Gong Luwang's story, he looked as if he had just wakened from a dream. He said:

赵简子听完公卢望的故事,像做梦刚醒过来一样,说:

"Now, if I attack other states, I may possibly fail, then I'll become the subject of a subjugated state.

"现在,我去进攻别国,有可能失败,那我不就反而成了亡国的他下令收兵回国。

Consequently, he gave orders to withdraw his troops and return home.

于是,他下令收兵回国。

本文地址: http://m.liuxuepaper.com/tg/100332.html

[相关推荐]
上一篇:寓言故事:The Turtledove Talks to the Owl斑鸿说袅(双语) 下一篇:寓言故事:Ye Gong Is Fond of Dragons叶公好龙(双语)