寓言故事:The Turtledove Talks to the Owl斑鸿说袅(双语)

2021-11-14英语作文

One day, an owl flew persistently towards the east till it was completely exhausted, so it stopped in a forest to take a rest. It happened that a turtledove was also resting there. Hearing the panting of the owl, it asked:

一天,猫头鹰一个劲儿地向东方飞去,飞得精疲力尽,停在树林里休息。一只斑鸿恰巧也在那里休息,听见猫头鹰呼味呼味地喘气,就对猫头鹰说:

"Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"你这样急急忙忙地赶路,去哪儿呀?"

The owl said:

猫头鹰说:

"I am moving to the east."

"我想到东方去住。"

The turtledove asked closely:

斑鸡追问:

"Why?"

"为什么?"

The owl said:

猫头鹰说:

"The people in the west all say my cry is unpleasant and dislike me I cannot stay there any longer. I must move to a new place."

"西边的人,都说我叫的声音很难听,都讨厌我。在那儿我住不下去了,非换个地方不可!"

The turtledove said:

斑鸿说:

"Can you solve your problem by changing a place? In my opinion, no matter where you move to, it won't help."

"难道换个地方就可以解决问题吗?我看,不管你搬到哪里去,都没有用!"

The owl felt rather angry at the words of the turtledove, but it still asked in surprise:

猫头鹰觉得斑坞的话太气人,便惊奇地问:

"Can you forecast the future?"

"你能未卜先知?"

The turtledove said:

斑鸡说:

"This is very simple. If you don't change your cry, the people in the east will dislike you all the same."

"这很简单,如果你不改变你的叫声,那么东边的人也一样会讨厌你的!"


(编者注:本文由作文地带整理。)

本文地址: http://m.liuxuepaper.com/tg/100331.html

[相关推荐]
上一篇:寓言故事:Knowing Oneself自知之明(双语) 下一篇:寓言故事:Chasing a Woman Only to Lose His Wife追女失妻(双语)